Charlie (7): “Mom, I would like a snacky.” Me: “Sure. How about some celery and peanut butter?” Charlie: “No, I want a snackeez. Do you know what “a snackeez” is? It’s this thing with a lid and you can carry a drink AND a snack in it at the same time!!!” Me: Realizing he’s been […]
For some moms (ahem, me) summer with kids can produce unusual mothering outcomes. The last two months have been nutty. My husband travels so I’ve been exposed to a few EXTRA helpings of quality time with my beloved children (and not enough cookies) so I am starting to feel the effects. In fact, both kids […]
There is no excerpt because this is a protected post.
Ooooh, do I have a new favorite product. The lady who shampoos my hair at the salon told me about this awesome hair brush, and I’m so glad I bought it. It’s called The Wet Brush. What is The Wet Brush? It looks like a regular hair brush but the bristles are kinda wimpy so […]
There’s a store here in town called Knoxville Soap & Candle. They sell fun and unique things. In fact, I stopped by there today and found something for Mother’s Day for my mother-in-law. I ended up seeing her right after I bought it. That was unplanned, but since I was all excited about it, I […]
When we first moved back to Tennessee, I borrowed my Dad’s camera and took a photography class at UT. The first night we had class, the assistant teacher who was sitting in the back of the room cracked a joke and laughed. I jolted in my seat, I know THAT laugh! It was Mr. Pinckard, […]
We had that room in our house that we never got around to decorating; It was supposed to be a formal living room. We put a computer in there and it became a catch all space. We (okay I) decided it should be a game room. What I wanted: Four chairs, an ottoman and some […]
A dear friend of mine has a 200-year-old farm on the lake in West Knoxville called RiverView Family Farm. Each year her family hosts a hopp’n Easter Egg Hunt. If you happen to be in the Knoxville area and looking for something fun to do with the kids this weekend, I HIGHLY recommend this event […]
So what would your kids say if you asked them what taxes are? My kids know people have to pay taxes, but I don’t know if they understand what happens to the money. Here’s what happened when some little kids were asked: What Does the Government Buy With Tax Money? (The little girl at the […]
So, you know how there are people who talk about doing things but they never actually do them. I fall into that category most of the time. Not my sister. She is a can (and WILL) do kinda girl. Case in point: She wanted to open a toy store. So she left her job in […]
- “Mama, I yawned and sauce came out!” (vomit)
– Sydney (3) Maryville, TN
- My husband has my babies all by himself this week. When I was leaving town today, I asked Walker if he thought they would be ok . He said, "Of course, Mama. You left us food and I have a light saber."
-- Walker (5) Tupelo, MS
- "You are really annoying, and it is NOT opposite day."
-- Bryce (6) to Reed (8) Eagain, MN
- "Mom: Do you think you can be good at school the rest of the week – it’s only two more days…
Son: I’m not sure… “I can’t tell the future and I don’t have a working time machine.”
– Ethan (6) Milwaukee, MI
- "No you cannot sit on brother's face. No sitting on faces!" -- Ravyn, Ramallah, Palastine
- “Sweetheart, please don't throw yogurt at kitty.” Like saying this would actually STOP her... - Anissa, Chicago, IL
- "Get your fingers out of your nose and START EATING!" -Me, Knoxville, TN
- “We don’t tie up our friends – even if they’re part of the game.” - Jackie, St. Louis, MO