If you are expecting and getting a plan together for a nursery, here are some ideas I loved and things that worked really well for us: 1. A dresser is a better buy than a changing table. The dresser will grow with your child, so you don’t have to ditch it later and spend more […]
I…am a lover of fabric. My sewing skills are not awesome, but I can make basic home decor items like throw pillows and I made the crib bedding my kids used. But mostly, I just think about projects a lot and cruise fabric web sites. Recently, I found some really inexpensive fabric that would be […]
We have lots of birds around here. We have seen nests and found eggs – usually broken and on the ground. We love little birdies and were were so excited to find a bird’s nest on the windowsill of our playroom. We have had a front row seat and have been so excited to watch it […]
In my book, the chapter on nursing is called “Shards of Glass” because when you first start nursing…well, it hurts like hell! (I worked through it, though.) Anyway, this drawing by my dear friend Heather Hopp-Bruce is funny and relatable. My kids did some – if not all – of these things with a bottle, too.
My kids and I recently met up with my daughter’s teacher from last year to see her and meet her new baby. And her baby had the coolest pacifier ever! It’s called a WubbaNub, and it is basically a stuffed-animal pacifier. According to the company’s web site, this product was invented by a mom who was […]
- “Mama, I yawned and sauce came out!” (vomit)
– Sydney (3) Maryville, TN
- My husband has my babies all by himself this week. When I was leaving town today, I asked Walker if he thought they would be ok . He said, "Of course, Mama. You left us food and I have a light saber."
-- Walker (5) Tupelo, MS
- "You are really annoying, and it is NOT opposite day."
-- Bryce (6) to Reed (8) Eagain, MN
- "Mom: Do you think you can be good at school the rest of the week – it’s only two more days…
Son: I’m not sure… “I can’t tell the future and I don’t have a working time machine.”
– Ethan (6) Milwaukee, MI
- "No you cannot sit on brother's face. No sitting on faces!" -- Ravyn, Ramallah, Palastine
- “Sweetheart, please don't throw yogurt at kitty.” Like saying this would actually STOP her... - Anissa, Chicago, IL
- "Get your fingers out of your nose and START EATING!" -Me, Knoxville, TN
- “We don’t tie up our friends – even if they’re part of the game.” - Jackie, St. Louis, MO