Oh, did I ever find something yummy. My sister and I went to a Women’s Expo this weekend and we found some super-great dips by a company called All Stars Dips. (No, this is not an advertisement). Have you ever made that Knorr Spinach dip – the one you mix with sour cream, Mayo, etc? That’s a good one, […]
This is a family favorite. Maybe it will be for you, too. 2 Chicken breasts, cubed 1 small white onion, chopped 1 jar La Victoria Salsa Suprema (or whatever kind you like) 8 oz sour cream 2 cups shredded jack/cheddar 3 tbsp butter Rice Brown chicken in butter and put in a deep baking dish (but leave the […]
Lasagna noodles – cooked according to directions 2 lbs ground beef 4 cups shredded mozzarella large size cottage cheese Jar of spaghetti sauce (I like Prego Meat Sauce) Pre-heat oven to 375. Brown ground beef. Drain and add sauce. Layer noodles, meat sauce, cottage cheese and mozzarella. Repeat layers until you run out of stuff. Top with cheese. Cover […]
When I was a kid, my mom made these as an appetizer to take to a party. They were a big hit with us, and I make them every now and again for my kids. They like to help make them, too. French bread Shredded jack/cheddar Mayonnaise Pizza sauce Any toppings you like In a bowl mix […]
Excellent tip from my pal, Rebecca. You must check out the Portable North Pole and enter in your child’s information so Santa can deliver a personalized message. This is fantastic!
Ingredients: Plain Ruffles Potato Chips Bag of Milk Chocolate Chips Wax paper or foil Melt chocolate in microwave 30 seconds at a time until smooth. Dip chips and set on a plate covered with wax paper or foil. Put in the fridge for a few minutes (or the freezer if you are in a hurry). […]
I have a really hard time getting my kids to eat green veggies. My son, in particular, is very focused on sweets. Things like cinnamon rolls. So, I invented “cinnamon peas.” I made a big deal about it when I presented them to Charlie and he loves them and even asks for them. I even […]
I learned this from my sister-in-law, Carla. Buy a rotisserie chicken at the grocery store. Cook up some mini penne pasta. Drain it and put it back in the pot with some pulled chicken, butter, salt and pepper. You can turn the stove off, but stir it up when it is on the hot eye so you can […]
Here it is – my own creation: Bake a potato. Scoop out the insides and put it into a pan with a little milk, butter, salt, pepper, shredded cheese and a little sour cream if you like it. Stir it on low heat for a minute or two until the cheese melts. Garnish with more […]
- “Mama, I yawned and sauce came out!” (vomit)
– Sydney (3) Maryville, TN
- My husband has my babies all by himself this week. When I was leaving town today, I asked Walker if he thought they would be ok . He said, "Of course, Mama. You left us food and I have a light saber."
-- Walker (5) Tupelo, MS
- "You are really annoying, and it is NOT opposite day."
-- Bryce (6) to Reed (8) Eagain, MN
- "Mom: Do you think you can be good at school the rest of the week – it’s only two more days…
Son: I’m not sure… “I can’t tell the future and I don’t have a working time machine.”
– Ethan (6) Milwaukee, MI
- "No you cannot sit on brother's face. No sitting on faces!" -- Ravyn, Ramallah, Palastine
- “Sweetheart, please don't throw yogurt at kitty.” Like saying this would actually STOP her... - Anissa, Chicago, IL
- "Get your fingers out of your nose and START EATING!" -Me, Knoxville, TN
- “We don’t tie up our friends – even if they’re part of the game.” - Jackie, St. Louis, MO