Okay, so I should have posted this to TheMommyhood.com a couple of days ago, but I was busy having fun. Post-Grinch Bowl we celebrated New Years with friends dressed as Saturday Night Live characters. My stomach muscles still hurt from laughing. Clearly, blogging was not my priority. But I did want to take a quick […]
As I have previously confessed, I made whatever parental mistakes you make to produce picky eaters. So, I am always looking for ways to get the good stuff in them. So here’s another thing I do. Over time, I have learned to prepare dinner with a strategic first course. Everyone is hungry, it’s smelling pretty […]
I don’t know about you, but I do my fair share of tricking my kids when it comes to food. As my kids grow, so do my skills as a salesmom. I have found I have to “sell” the healthy stuff, so I am always looking for new ideas to do that. And I am […]
So, I have been looking for healthier food options for my family. My health-nut niece suggested Bocca Meatless Chick’n Nuggets. (I know, sounds narsty, doesn’t it?) But, to my surprise, I gave it a whirl and my kids absolutely loved them and even asked for seconds! A 10 oz package was $3.99 and the nuggets are made of soy. […]
Excellent tip from my pal, Rebecca. You must check out the Portable North Pole and enter in your child’s information so Santa can deliver a personalized message. This is fantastic!
I have a really hard time getting my kids to eat green veggies. My son, in particular, is very focused on sweets. Things like cinnamon rolls. So, I invented “cinnamon peas.” I made a big deal about it when I presented them to Charlie and he loves them and even asks for them. I even […]
- “Mama, I yawned and sauce came out!” (vomit)
– Sydney (3) Maryville, TN
- My husband has my babies all by himself this week. When I was leaving town today, I asked Walker if he thought they would be ok . He said, "Of course, Mama. You left us food and I have a light saber."
-- Walker (5) Tupelo, MS
- "You are really annoying, and it is NOT opposite day."
-- Bryce (6) to Reed (8) Eagain, MN
- "Mom: Do you think you can be good at school the rest of the week – it’s only two more days…
Son: I’m not sure… “I can’t tell the future and I don’t have a working time machine.”
– Ethan (6) Milwaukee, MI
- "No you cannot sit on brother's face. No sitting on faces!" -- Ravyn, Ramallah, Palastine
- “Sweetheart, please don't throw yogurt at kitty.” Like saying this would actually STOP her... - Anissa, Chicago, IL
- "Get your fingers out of your nose and START EATING!" -Me, Knoxville, TN
- “We don’t tie up our friends – even if they’re part of the game.” - Jackie, St. Louis, MO