Need a way to get your kids into the bath? No problem! Just mix up some bath-time fun with one of these recipes from Angela’s Heartwork! 1. Shaving Cream Fun Mix: shaving cream & food coloring You also need a place to put the colored cream. Angela suggests a muffin tin and only three drops of […]
Stroller Strides My friend, Megan, runs with her baby and uses this jogging stroller. She does something called Stroller Strides, which is an exercise program that moms can do with their babies. It’s a class you take, and the one nearest me costs about $9.00 per class. I’m actually beyond the stroller stage, but thought […]
And the winner of the cleaning products giveaway is…. Commenter #1 – Jennifer P! Congratulations, sister!
Um, it’s pretty hot in Knoxville – like stay inside hot. And, if you are going to be inside you might be compelled to deal with those dishes in the sink or catch up on a little laundry. So, how about a few new products to try while you are at it? I got these P&G items as swag when I […]
So as you know, I just got back from GE’s Momsperience where I saw all the latest and greatest GE Appliances has to offer. While I was there, I was on the hunt for things that might make our lives easier. One thing that stood out to me was a washer/dryer that I found to […]
I know, like any of them are actually your favorite, but which household chore would you give up first if you had to pick one? Several weeks ago, there was a lot of talk about what people were giving up for Lent. My initial reaction was laundry, but then I thought better of it and […]
Post spring cleaning frenzy, I embarked (with help from the hubs) on a furniture rearranging frenzy. This left a big ole scratch on our hardwood floor. Wah, wah, wah wahhhhh. So genius that I am I decided to see if I could make it look better by putting something on it. A packet of pledge […]
Ever wonder how to decorate sugar cookies with kids and contain the mess? Here’s what I do. I give each child a cookie sheet on which to decorate. It helps contain the sprinkles and makes cookie decorating more enjoyable for mom who doesn’t have to worry as much about the aftermath! Happy Valentine’s Day!
My mom was picking up a new chair, but pointed out a mark on it to the furniture people. They used a spray bottle and a small brush to clean it. Wanna know what was in the bottle? They said it was just water and one drop of Dawn dish soap. Haven’t tried it myself, […]
If you haven’t noticed, most of the shops have their beach towels on clearance by now. I picked up a couple for $6 each and had them monogrammed for $6 each. So, for just $12 – I have nice Christmas gifts for my kids, nieces and nephews. And getting them early not only lets me […]
- "No you cannot sit on brother's face. No sitting on faces!" -- Ravyn, Ramallah, Palastine
- “Sweetheart, please don't throw yogurt at kitty.” Like saying this would actually STOP her... - Anissa, Chicago, IL
- "Get your fingers out of your nose and START EATING!" -Me, Knoxville, TN
- “We don’t tie up our friends – even if they’re part of the game.” - Jackie, St. Louis, MO
- “Mama, I yawned and sauce came out!” (vomit)
– Sydney (3) Maryville, TN
- My husband has my babies all by himself this week. When I was leaving town today, I asked Walker if he thought they would be ok . He said, "Of course, Mama. You left us food and I have a light saber."
-- Walker (5) Tupelo, MS
- "You are really annoying, and it is NOT opposite day."
-- Bryce (6) to Reed (8) Eagain, MN
- "Mom: Do you think you can be good at school the rest of the week – it’s only two more days…
Son: I’m not sure… “I can’t tell the future and I don’t have a working time machine.”
– Ethan (6) Milwaukee, MI
- My husband: “Charlie, lay down here next to me so we can talk.” Charlie lays down nose-to-nose with him, pinches his nose and says, “I do this so I can’t smell your breath.” -- Charlie (4)
- “Once upon a time, at the healthy Mexican restaurant…” -- Charlie (3)
- “Mommy, you gotta lotta grass in your nose.” -- Molly (2)
- One of the mother’s day out teachers was stroking Charlie’s hair at nap time when he said, “My Daddy, he like it.” -- Charlie (2)
- “My dolly wants some M&Ms for a snack." -- Charlie (2)
- “I would like a snack of mayonnaise.” -- Charlie (3)