Cat McAfee and her family are up to something interesting at their home near Nashville, TN. They grow fruits and veggies in their backyard and give them away to friends and neighbors at a vegetable stand in their front yard. Cat told me they do this to show their kids what it takes to put food […]
We get a day, ladies. A whole day. Well, actually, we get a month. This is Naional Women’s Month, too. So cheers to you and all the other women in my life. Thanks for being in my world. I appreciate you. Happy Day, Folks!
- "No you cannot sit on brother's face. No sitting on faces!" -- Ravyn, Ramallah, Palastine
- “Sweetheart, please don't throw yogurt at kitty.” Like saying this would actually STOP her... - Anissa, Chicago, IL
- "Get your fingers out of your nose and START EATING!" -Me, Knoxville, TN
- “We don’t tie up our friends – even if they’re part of the game.” - Jackie, St. Louis, MO
- “Mama, I yawned and sauce came out!” (vomit)
– Sydney (3) Maryville, TN
- My husband has my babies all by himself this week. When I was leaving town today, I asked Walker if he thought they would be ok . He said, "Of course, Mama. You left us food and I have a light saber."
-- Walker (5) Tupelo, MS
- "You are really annoying, and it is NOT opposite day."
-- Bryce (6) to Reed (8) Eagain, MN
- "Mom: Do you think you can be good at school the rest of the week – it’s only two more days…
Son: I’m not sure… “I can’t tell the future and I don’t have a working time machine.”
– Ethan (6) Milwaukee, MI
- My husband: “Charlie, lay down here next to me so we can talk.” Charlie lays down nose-to-nose with him, pinches his nose and says, “I do this so I can’t smell your breath.” -- Charlie (4)
- “Once upon a time, at the healthy Mexican restaurant…” -- Charlie (3)
- “Mommy, you gotta lotta grass in your nose.” -- Molly (2)
- One of the mother’s day out teachers was stroking Charlie’s hair at nap time when he said, “My Daddy, he like it.” -- Charlie (2)
- “My dolly wants some M&Ms for a snack." -- Charlie (2)
- “I would like a snack of mayonnaise.” -- Charlie (3)