The other day I walked by and saw this shout out from my kids on the fridge. We are DORKING it up around here with some fridge Scrabble. If you love this game, or know someone who does, consider gluing magnets to the backs of scrabble tiles and putting them on the refrigerator. We are putting big […]
We had the best time in Nashville this weekend with my sister and her family and my parents. We went to see the Nashville Symphony Orchestra play live music to the movie Home Alone. It was a BLAST! I totally recommend it. I even got chills a few times, it was so cool. (You aren’t supposed to […]
Looking for something fun to do indoors? Do you remember Chinese Jump Ropes? My sisters and I loved playing with them when we were kids. One day it occurred to me to look for them and I found a few on Amazon, but people were totally complaining about them in the reviews, so I decided […]
Check out these cute bat bags my friend, Victoria made for her son’s class party. Not only are they adorable – they are easy! [pinit] Supplies: Black lunch bags Green construction paper Glue Googly eyes Halloween-themed ribbon Hole punch (for ribbon closure) the template for the bat wing can be found on Parents.com Parents.com also […]
What age is too young to go roller-skating? Unless your kids are super coordinated – I think they need to be at least seven before they can really stay on their feet. Even then, they will probably need some assistance. Having a roller-skating party for little kids? Here’s what you need to know: 1. A […]
Do you like Scrabble? If you do, you might like Bananagrams. I picked it up at Target and we played it when we had a bunch of people who are bananas family in town. It was really fun. I got it at Target for about $15. When I was in the checkout line another mom […]
The kids (who are very excited) found this nest with eggs in it on our front door wreath. I guess they are Easter Eggs… Happy Easter, Friends!
My friend Deb, who reads TheMommyhood.com, submitted a great idea for turning leftover tortillas into cinnamon chips. Deb’s daughter loves to eat tortillas, but doesn’t always finish them. To avoid waste, Deb found some cookie cutters and had her daughter cut the leftover tortilla into fun shapes and turned them into yummy cinnamon chips. “Some of the […]
Okay, so I am heading off to a blog conference (Blissdom) for a few days. I love and hate to leave my kids. To make the departure a little easier, I try to leave them with something fun. Last year I gave them a treasure hunt that led to one of those Hallmark recordable storybooks. […]
I took my son Charlie (4) to a children’s Museum. In one of the rooms they had a pipe that sends the sound of your voice to another part of the room. He saw a kid at the other end and approached the pipe. But instead of oh, I dunno, saying “hello,” he started to […]
- “Mama, I yawned and sauce came out!” (vomit)
– Sydney (3) Maryville, TN
- My husband has my babies all by himself this week. When I was leaving town today, I asked Walker if he thought they would be ok . He said, "Of course, Mama. You left us food and I have a light saber."
-- Walker (5) Tupelo, MS
- "You are really annoying, and it is NOT opposite day."
-- Bryce (6) to Reed (8) Eagain, MN
- "Mom: Do you think you can be good at school the rest of the week – it’s only two more days…
Son: I’m not sure… “I can’t tell the future and I don’t have a working time machine.”
– Ethan (6) Milwaukee, MI
- "No you cannot sit on brother's face. No sitting on faces!" -- Ravyn, Ramallah, Palastine
- “Sweetheart, please don't throw yogurt at kitty.” Like saying this would actually STOP her... - Anissa, Chicago, IL
- "Get your fingers out of your nose and START EATING!" -Me, Knoxville, TN
- “We don’t tie up our friends – even if they’re part of the game.” - Jackie, St. Louis, MO