A dear friend of mine has a 200-year-old farm on the lake in West Knoxville called RiverView Family Farm. Each year her family hosts a hopp’n Easter Egg Hunt. If you happen to be in the Knoxville area and looking for something fun to do with the kids this weekend, I HIGHLY recommend this event […]
Okay, so I am still off the soda. But today I want to talk about another addition I have: I LOVE to buy inflatable water toys for my kids. Slip’n n slides, inflatable slides, water hop scotch, you name it. I contribute to the trade imbalance one plastic inflatable at a time. My latest score […]
So, if you have been around TheMommyhood.com much you have probably noticed that I am into making simple treasure hunts for my kids. I have even used a treasure hunt to ease my departure when I was traveling. In fact, I went on a trip a few weeks ago and left my kids with a […]
- “Mama, I yawned and sauce came out!” (vomit)
– Sydney (3) Maryville, TN
- My husband has my babies all by himself this week. When I was leaving town today, I asked Walker if he thought they would be ok . He said, "Of course, Mama. You left us food and I have a light saber."
-- Walker (5) Tupelo, MS
- "You are really annoying, and it is NOT opposite day."
-- Bryce (6) to Reed (8) Eagain, MN
- "Mom: Do you think you can be good at school the rest of the week – it’s only two more days…
Son: I’m not sure… “I can’t tell the future and I don’t have a working time machine.”
– Ethan (6) Milwaukee, MI
- "No you cannot sit on brother's face. No sitting on faces!" -- Ravyn, Ramallah, Palastine
- “Sweetheart, please don't throw yogurt at kitty.” Like saying this would actually STOP her... - Anissa, Chicago, IL
- "Get your fingers out of your nose and START EATING!" -Me, Knoxville, TN
- “We don’t tie up our friends – even if they’re part of the game.” - Jackie, St. Louis, MO