Do you love salty-sweet desserts? If so, you will LOVE Seat Salt Sweet: The Art of Using Salts for the Ultimate Dessert Experience. It was created by the talented Heather Baird of Sprinkle Bakes and the treats inside are absolutely incredible. When I flip through the pages, I find the whole thing just delightful. More importantly, […]
There’s a store here in town called Knoxville Soap & Candle. They sell fun and unique things. In fact, I stopped by there today and found something for Mother’s Day for my mother-in-law. I ended up seeing her right after I bought it. That was unplanned, but since I was all excited about it, I […]
Recipe for Homemade Play-Doh 1 cup flour 1 cup water 1/2 cup salt 2 tsp cream of tarter 1 tbs cooking oil food coloring scents if desired Mix dry ingredients in a sauce pan. Add oil, water and food coloring. Cook 3 minutes or until mixture pulls away from the sides of the […]
- “Mama, I yawned and sauce came out!” (vomit)
– Sydney (3) Maryville, TN
- My husband has my babies all by himself this week. When I was leaving town today, I asked Walker if he thought they would be ok . He said, "Of course, Mama. You left us food and I have a light saber."
-- Walker (5) Tupelo, MS
- "You are really annoying, and it is NOT opposite day."
-- Bryce (6) to Reed (8) Eagain, MN
- "Mom: Do you think you can be good at school the rest of the week – it’s only two more days…
Son: I’m not sure… “I can’t tell the future and I don’t have a working time machine.”
– Ethan (6) Milwaukee, MI
- "No you cannot sit on brother's face. No sitting on faces!" -- Ravyn, Ramallah, Palastine
- “Sweetheart, please don't throw yogurt at kitty.” Like saying this would actually STOP her... - Anissa, Chicago, IL
- "Get your fingers out of your nose and START EATING!" -Me, Knoxville, TN
- “We don’t tie up our friends – even if they’re part of the game.” - Jackie, St. Louis, MO