Looking for Halloween Party food ideas? Pretzels with Hugs® and Candy Corn Recipe Bag o hugs square pretzels candy corn Place hugs on pretzels and melt in the oven at 250 for 2 or 3 minutes. Then remove and smash a candy corn onto it. These are FANTASTIC. Your welcome. Looking for other Halloween fun […]
Halloween Halloween is the big topic around here right now. “Molly, what are you going to be for halloween?” “Cat.” “Charlie, how about you?” “Warren Buffet.” Actually, he no longer wants to be Warren (for Halloween anyway). He’s back on the idea of being a vending machine which he planned to do last year but instead […]
Last year, Charlie was Pat Sajak for Halloween because he loves Wheel of Fortune and funny stuff related to that still pops up from time to time. Molly decided to be Vanna and it was really cute. This year, Molly is doing a 70′s thing and Charlie. Well, Charlie just brought me a drawing of […]
If you are going out trick or treating with your kids and you usually leave a bowl of candy for kids, here’s another option: Turn off the porch light and put it in the mailbox! [pinit] Have you ever done this? Or do you leave a bowl?
Why, WHY can’t it just be easy? My son, Charlie, has no interest in superheroes or movie characters. So when it comes to finding a Halloween costume for him, I am often put in the position of making rather than buying something. (It sure was a lot easier when he was really little and would […]
I would like to give a shout out to all the normal children who select Halloween costumes that can be easily acquired with a trip to Party City, Target or Goodwill. (Three cheers for Batman!) I know better than to ask too soon, but in a moment of utter stupidity, I got the ball rolling […]
This week Sisters of the Skillet held the second annual East Tennessee’s Biggest Bake Sale and it was AWESOME! There were lots of bakeries and other makers-of-yum present, and they all had samples! My daughter Molly and I loved looking at all the artful desserts. And Charlie-the-candy-bandit (5) was in hog heaven because we got […]
I have purposely NOT bought any Halloween candy. I have learned from years past that’s just not a good idea to buy it until JUST before because 1) I will eat it if it’s here and 2) they put it on sale the day before Halloween (to make room for Christmas stuff!). Here are some […]
We love Halloween. Our current Halloween traditions include: Making lots of pipe cleaner spiders; Charlie wearing his favorite shirt, which he thinks says, “I’m Alvin”; and, Driving three hours to Atlanta to celebrate Halloween with our besties, who do Halloween like nobody’s business. Every year, our friends do an elaborate haunted scene in their front […]
- “Mama, I yawned and sauce came out!” (vomit)
– Sydney (3) Maryville, TN
- My husband has my babies all by himself this week. When I was leaving town today, I asked Walker if he thought they would be ok . He said, "Of course, Mama. You left us food and I have a light saber."
-- Walker (5) Tupelo, MS
- "You are really annoying, and it is NOT opposite day."
-- Bryce (6) to Reed (8) Eagain, MN
- "Mom: Do you think you can be good at school the rest of the week – it’s only two more days…
Son: I’m not sure… “I can’t tell the future and I don’t have a working time machine.”
– Ethan (6) Milwaukee, MI
- "No you cannot sit on brother's face. No sitting on faces!" -- Ravyn, Ramallah, Palastine
- “Sweetheart, please don't throw yogurt at kitty.” Like saying this would actually STOP her... - Anissa, Chicago, IL
- "Get your fingers out of your nose and START EATING!" -Me, Knoxville, TN
- “We don’t tie up our friends – even if they’re part of the game.” - Jackie, St. Louis, MO