We have a stuffed animal turtle night-light that both of my kids have loved. My son (2) has been using it a lot lately. It is a stuffed animal turtle with a hard-shell back that has stars cut out. A light from inside projects gold, blue or green stars on the ceiling. The child can choose the color by […]
I love home decor stuff. But it’s not just regular ole stuff that floats my boat. I have an affinity for the unusual, and I love to use items for something other than their intended purpose. A cool jug or an old metal toy looks like a potential lamp to me. And I love a good deal, so […]
I love Etsy. In case you aren’t familiar with it, it’s basically eBay for home-made or vintage stuff. It is eye candy for the creative mind. I never tire of seeing the beautiful and whimsical things other people create. It often inspires me to new home decor ideas. For example, check out this gorgeous photo […]
- “Mama, I yawned and sauce came out!” (vomit)
– Sydney (3) Maryville, TN
- My husband has my babies all by himself this week. When I was leaving town today, I asked Walker if he thought they would be ok . He said, "Of course, Mama. You left us food and I have a light saber."
-- Walker (5) Tupelo, MS
- "You are really annoying, and it is NOT opposite day."
-- Bryce (6) to Reed (8) Eagain, MN
- "Mom: Do you think you can be good at school the rest of the week – it’s only two more days…
Son: I’m not sure… “I can’t tell the future and I don’t have a working time machine.”
– Ethan (6) Milwaukee, MI
- "No you cannot sit on brother's face. No sitting on faces!" -- Ravyn, Ramallah, Palastine
- “Sweetheart, please don't throw yogurt at kitty.” Like saying this would actually STOP her... - Anissa, Chicago, IL
- "Get your fingers out of your nose and START EATING!" -Me, Knoxville, TN
- “We don’t tie up our friends – even if they’re part of the game.” - Jackie, St. Louis, MO