How do I look? I asked Charlie (5) before heading out to meet some friends for dinner. “You look original, Mom.” he said with approval. Hmm, I thought. I guess that’s better than extra crispy. Hey, wouldn’t it be funny to say that to clients at a tanning salon? “Hi there. Original, or extra crispy?…Bed […]
I’m not one of those mothers who think EVERYTHING is a teachable moment. But sometimes the “learning is fun” moments happen when you least expect them, and I am perfectly comfortable acknowledging that a lot of the learning that happens around here is somewhat accidental. For example, it turns out that you can learn a […]
Have you ever laughed at the aftermath of your kids’ pretend play? Motherhood Moments are pictures I take of funny things the kids do around the house. When I laugh, I stop and get my camera so I can record the mayhem, and maybe we can all have a chuckle. If YOU have any photos […]
A few days ago, the kids busted into the bathroom as I was stepping out of the shower and Charlie (5) got an eyeful. He said something funny (of course) but when I write it, it doesn’t translate. It’s a story that needs to be told in person. With wine. Girls’ Night, Anyone? And what […]
So, I have been having sinus issues. I saw an ENT, who said allergies are the culprit. What happens when you go to the allergy doctor for an allergy test? First, you fill out some paperwork at home. For whatever reason, my husband decided to fill out the forms and ask me the questions. I […]
Picked Molly (8) up from her after school program and we headed home. It was cold and raining – the kind of weather that makes you want to sleep. And eat. To get dinner going, I put some raw chicken in water and turned it on to boil. The kids and I went upstairs to […]
Motherhood moments are a series of photos I take around the house of the funny things my kids do. Maybe you will relate, or, at least, be entertained for a moment. Here’s the Valentine’s Edition. My Funny Valentine Molly made a box for her Valentine’s to take to school. Charlie was all, “I want one!” […]
Had a regular (a-hem) girlie doctor check up today. My favorite question on the forms I filled out was “Do you use recreational or street drugs?” No. But great question, thanks for asking. They originally wanted to schedule the appointment tomorrow – ON VALENTINE’S DAY! Um, no thank you. For Valentine’s Day, I am hanging […]
…you think this is funny. Because I do. Have a great weekend, Everyone!
I bought some Nutella on a whim recently because I had never had it and was curious. Had it on toast and thought it was pretty tasty – well, the part I got to eat. Charlie asked for it and ate the rest. The next day I found something in the pantry that made me […]
- “Mama, I yawned and sauce came out!” (vomit)
– Sydney (3) Maryville, TN
- My husband has my babies all by himself this week. When I was leaving town today, I asked Walker if he thought they would be ok . He said, "Of course, Mama. You left us food and I have a light saber."
-- Walker (5) Tupelo, MS
- "You are really annoying, and it is NOT opposite day."
-- Bryce (6) to Reed (8) Eagain, MN
- "Mom: Do you think you can be good at school the rest of the week – it’s only two more days…
Son: I’m not sure… “I can’t tell the future and I don’t have a working time machine.”
– Ethan (6) Milwaukee, MI
- "No you cannot sit on brother's face. No sitting on faces!" -- Ravyn, Ramallah, Palastine
- “Sweetheart, please don't throw yogurt at kitty.” Like saying this would actually STOP her... - Anissa, Chicago, IL
- "Get your fingers out of your nose and START EATING!" -Me, Knoxville, TN
- “We don’t tie up our friends – even if they’re part of the game.” - Jackie, St. Louis, MO