Okay, I was quite late to the party that is Downton Abbey. I kept hearing about it EVERYWHERE. My friend, Jamie, mentioned it to me a few times, and she and I tend to like the same things. So I finally decided to see what all the fuss was about. The only way to see […]
In honor of, you know, January, and everyone’s renewed focus on fitness…meet Holly! Holly is a mother of two and mompreneur who runs a fitness-related business called Stroller Strides. And while Holly’s business is located in Knoxville, Tenn. Stroller Strides has numerous locations around the U.S., which is why I thought this might be interesting […]
The jackpot isn’t actually a pile of money, it’s something better. I hit the jackpot on in-laws and my mother-in-law and I love to go to antique shops. We recently spent the day together hitting some great shops in Clinton, TN and an interior design shop in Knoxville. Here are some of the things that […]
Last month my husband and I went on a short trip to New Orleans. This is Part III of our adventures in The Big Easy… By the last day of our trip I was dying to go the graveyard (figuratively, of course). I had originally spotted the cemetery called Metarie on our drive from […]
Thought I would share some pictures I took on our trip (sans children!) to New Orleans.
Like last year, the whopping deadline known as Christmas morning once again had us up late – this year, until 1:30 a.m.! Fortunately, Christmas Day (post greed-fest) was really low key, so naps were on the docket. But even with naps, my kiddos have been out of sorts for the last few days and I […]
So, I used to work in PR where I learned how to spin information. Recently, I took my enlarged butt to the gym, where I am learning a whole new kind of spin. I am a major weenie when it comes to exercise. I don’t really care to break a sweat, actually, but as more […]
It was warm, but rainy. In fact, rain pelted our car during the hour-long drive to the launch site, making us question the wisdom of our plan. But we were determined to go anyway. It might be raining, but we were wearing bathing suits. Also, more importantly, we had sitters. My little sister and her […]
I was in a dressing room at TJ Maxx. I looked in the mirror and thought: Hey, is that Texas? Oh… No, that’s just my butt. No wonder these pants don’t fit! I got to thinking about how I used to look and the “problem areas” I thought I had. It made me think about what I would […]
I dropped the kids off at camp. My sneakers hit the pavement in the parking lot when I heard it…Aretha Franklin’s Freedom. It was the last day of freedom summer camp for my kids, so I approached my day with an attitude of carpe diem. The fridge was empty and the laundry was knee-deep, but there was no way […]
- “Mama, I yawned and sauce came out!” (vomit)
– Sydney (3) Maryville, TN
- My husband has my babies all by himself this week. When I was leaving town today, I asked Walker if he thought they would be ok . He said, "Of course, Mama. You left us food and I have a light saber."
-- Walker (5) Tupelo, MS
- "You are really annoying, and it is NOT opposite day."
-- Bryce (6) to Reed (8) Eagain, MN
- "Mom: Do you think you can be good at school the rest of the week – it’s only two more days…
Son: I’m not sure… “I can’t tell the future and I don’t have a working time machine.”
– Ethan (6) Milwaukee, MI
- "No you cannot sit on brother's face. No sitting on faces!" -- Ravyn, Ramallah, Palastine
- “Sweetheart, please don't throw yogurt at kitty.” Like saying this would actually STOP her... - Anissa, Chicago, IL
- "Get your fingers out of your nose and START EATING!" -Me, Knoxville, TN
- “We don’t tie up our friends – even if they’re part of the game.” - Jackie, St. Louis, MO