Who can resist a sweet baby laughing? I mean, really. The only thing better is YOUR sweet baby laughing which is why this drawing by the beautiful and talented Heather Hopp-Bruce resonated with me. My kids are growing up so fast. I still love their laughter but it’s hard to capture with a camera. Babies just […]
A few days ago, the kids busted into the bathroom as I was stepping out of the shower and Charlie (5) got an eyeful. He said something funny (of course) but when I write it, it doesn’t translate. It’s a story that needs to be told in person. With wine. Girls’ Night, Anyone? And what […]
Since we are on the topic of potty training, I thought this drawing from Heather Hopp-Bruce would be good to share this week. (She’s so funny and her illustrations are so right on, in my opinion!) Don’t you just want to sit down for a minute and not serve anyone or clean anything. Before this, […]
Remember this classic? Jingle bells, Batman smells, Robin laid an egg…bat-mobile lost a while and the joker got away! Okay, enough of that. Here’s a little holiday jingle in a drawing from my dear friend, Heather. Merry Merry, Friends!
In my book, the chapter on nursing is called “Shards of Glass” because when you first start nursing…well, it hurts like hell! (I worked through it, though.) Anyway, this drawing by my dear friend Heather Hopp-Bruce is funny and relatable. My kids did some – if not all – of these things with a bottle, too.
My friend, Heather Hopp-Bruce from The Baby Sucks (and other breastfeeding tips), created this awesome drawing about life with a breastfed two-week-old. Note the baby on the wall. And the hairy legs.
When I was little, all I wanted to be was a grown up. Grown ups have decision-making powers and the ability to buy things. I remember calling my mom from the grocery store one time and just laughing and saying, “Ha! I can finally just buy whatever I want.” Fast forward. Over time, grocery shopping […]
Sometimes (okay a lot of times) motherhood means no rest for the weary. It seems like every time I sit down, someone has a request that means I have to get up. If we are eating, as soon as I start to lift a fork with food on it, someone’s glass of milk suddenly needs […]
Does your little one have a blankie or did you when you were little? My younger sister had one, and she was REALLY attached to it. She was super cute and sucking up all the attention all the time and it was annoying. So one time…I hid it under a bush in the yard. I’m […]
No one tells you how frequently you will be sleep deprived when you become a mom. It does eventually get better (knocking on wood RIGHT now!). Anyway, when I saw this drawing by contributor Heather Hopp-Bruce it resonated with me. When it rains, it pours, doesn’t it? Have you been sleep deprived lately? Heather Hopp-Bruce […]
- “Mama, I yawned and sauce came out!” (vomit)
– Sydney (3) Maryville, TN
- My husband has my babies all by himself this week. When I was leaving town today, I asked Walker if he thought they would be ok . He said, "Of course, Mama. You left us food and I have a light saber."
-- Walker (5) Tupelo, MS
- "You are really annoying, and it is NOT opposite day."
-- Bryce (6) to Reed (8) Eagain, MN
- "Mom: Do you think you can be good at school the rest of the week – it’s only two more days…
Son: I’m not sure… “I can’t tell the future and I don’t have a working time machine.”
– Ethan (6) Milwaukee, MI
- "No you cannot sit on brother's face. No sitting on faces!" -- Ravyn, Ramallah, Palastine
- “Sweetheart, please don't throw yogurt at kitty.” Like saying this would actually STOP her... - Anissa, Chicago, IL
- "Get your fingers out of your nose and START EATING!" -Me, Knoxville, TN
- “We don’t tie up our friends – even if they’re part of the game.” - Jackie, St. Louis, MO