- 5 cups of chopped cooked chicken (I boiled 4 chicken breasts for 30 minutes then shredded it)
- 3 (1 oz) cans of Great Northern Beans, drained
- 1 32 oz box of chicken broth
- 1 16 oz jar of mild salsa
- 1 8 oz package of Monterey Jack Cheese with peppers, cubed
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
Garnish: Cheddar cheese, sour cream and jalapenos
In a 6 quart slow cooker, combine chicken, beans, broth, salsa, cheese and cumin. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low; simmer 2 hours stirring occasionally. Serves 10-12 people.
Note: My sister used an 8-hour low setting and it worked well for her.