Just found this never-published blogpost. It’s about three years and two months old, but whatever. Sometimes, the quest for happy homemaking leads to angst and possible electrocution. If you are me. Once upon a time (or, a few days before Thanksgiving) my kids were oohing and ahhing as the lady across the street put up scads […]
Smited for Decorating Too Early
GF Chocolate Chip Cookies – Easy and Delicious
If you are avoiding gluten and looking for treat options, I HIGHLY recommend this chocolate chip cookie recipe. I even made a believer out of my sister, Amy. Ingredients 1/2 cup butter, softened 1/4 cup coconut oil, softened 2 eggs 3/4 cup brown sugar 2 teaspoons vanilla extract 3 cups blanched almond flour 1/2 teaspoon […]
Looking for a Pregnancy Book in Spanish? Get Secrets of the Mommyhood (en Espanol)!
I…have a secret. Well, technically, it’s a secretos! The Spanish edition of Secrets of the Mommyhood is now available on Amazon! If you happen to know a first time mom-to-be, please tell her about this book which is full of helpful tips for first-time moms, and, of course, funny stories – now available en Español! […]
Decorating Ideas for Little Girl’s Room
I got a blackout roller shade at The Home Depot and had it cut to size for the window in my daughter’s room. Her window has a window bench, so I thought it would be cute to put a chandelier on the shade. I used this wall decal from Blik. It worked for a while […]
Scrabble Lovers, Unite!
The other day I walked by and saw this shout out from my kids on the fridge. We are DORKING it up around here with some fridge Scrabble. If you love this game, or know someone who does, consider gluing magnets to the backs of scrabble tiles and putting them on the refrigerator. We are putting big […]
A Great Way To Do the Symphony With Kids
We had the best time in Nashville this weekend with my sister and her family and my parents. We went to see the Nashville Symphony Orchestra play live music to the movie Home Alone. It was a BLAST! I totally recommend it. I even got chills a few times, it was so cool. (You aren’t supposed to […]
What’s New in Baby Gear? Straight Jackets!
One of my best friends, Angie, had her second baby recently, and we were discussing what’s new and useful. Here are some of the things we discussed. The NEW baby burrito! There’s nothing wrong with old-school swaddling BUT Angie and her husband are both huge fans of velcro swaddlers. Or, as I like to think of them - baby […]
DIY Wine Label Table (That Rhymes. I May Have Been Drinking.)
Love Wine? This table might be the perfect tribute to good times had. My sister-in-law, Carla, is incredibly talented. She and her husband – among many other things – flip houses. They are masters of of finding great deals and doing cool things on a budget. They happen to have a pool in their backyard, […]
Mother’s Day Gifts Conversion Guide
Yesterday (Mother’s Day) started with my kids coming into my bedroom like this. They even called me Madam. As I ate breakfast, I was brought drawings and was reluctantly given a made-at-school Mother’s Day project from my son, Charlie. It pained him to give me the colored cupcake drawing with the list of “coupons” attached. […]
Organizing Tip: Bag on a Hanger
I am constantly amazed at how often I have to sort through my kids’ things. My sisters and friends and I share clothes and toys for our kids, so a lot of goods need to be sorted and shifted between our houses. Over time I came up with a little system that works for me. […]
Amazon.com | Kindle | Barnes & Noble | Nook
Now Available in iBooks!
Support a Small Business
Smart Toys & Books
The Adorable Child
Soap & Candle
Crib N' Carriage
- "No you cannot sit on brother's face. No sitting on faces!" -- Ravyn, Ramallah, Palastine
- “Sweetheart, please don't throw yogurt at kitty.” Like saying this would actually STOP her... - Anissa, Chicago, IL
- "Get your fingers out of your nose and START EATING!" -Me, Knoxville, TN
- “We don’t tie up our friends – even if they’re part of the game.” - Jackie, St. Louis, MO
- “Mama, I yawned and sauce came out!” (vomit)
– Sydney (3) Maryville, TN
- My husband has my babies all by himself this week. When I was leaving town today, I asked Walker if he thought they would be ok . He said, "Of course, Mama. You left us food and I have a light saber."
-- Walker (5) Tupelo, MS
- "You are really annoying, and it is NOT opposite day."
-- Bryce (6) to Reed (8) Eagain, MN
- "Mom: Do you think you can be good at school the rest of the week – it’s only two more days…
Son: I’m not sure… “I can’t tell the future and I don’t have a working time machine.”
– Ethan (6) Milwaukee, MI
- My husband: “Charlie, lay down here next to me so we can talk.” Charlie lays down nose-to-nose with him, pinches his nose and says, “I do this so I can’t smell your breath.” -- Charlie (4)
- “Once upon a time, at the healthy Mexican restaurant…” -- Charlie (3)
- “Mommy, you gotta lotta grass in your nose.” -- Molly (2)
- One of the mother’s day out teachers was stroking Charlie’s hair at nap time when he said, “My Daddy, he like it.” -- Charlie (2)
- “My dolly wants some M&Ms for a snack." -- Charlie (2)
- “I would like a snack of mayonnaise.” -- Charlie (3)