If you are avoiding gluten and looking for treat options, I HIGHLY recommend this chocolate chip cookie recipe. I even made a believer out of my sister, Amy. Ingredients 1/2 cup butter, softened 1/4 cup coconut oil, softened 2 eggs 3/4 cup brown sugar 2 teaspoons vanilla extract 3 cups blanched almond flour 1/2 teaspoon […]
Last year, Charlie was Pat Sajak for Halloween because he loves Wheel of Fortune and funny stuff related to that still pops up from time to time. Molly decided to be Vanna and it was really cute. This year, Molly is doing a 70′s thing and Charlie. Well, Charlie just brought me a drawing of […]
Oh the Many Joys of Bedtime! I have young kids who need to practice reading. They also need to go to bed at a reasonable time and are somewhat independent in this process. Sometimes, all of this is a chore to make happen. Mostly with Charlie, who is every bit of seven. So, here’s what […]
Chello Friends. Happy Summer! Wanted to let you know I will be at Smart Toys & Books this Saturday signing books. If you are nearby and have a few minutes, please stop by and say hi. Smart Toys & Books 9700 Kingston Pike Knoxville, Tennessee Book Signing: Saturday, August 2nd 11-1 The store owner, Lynda, […]
Cleaning our appliances sounds like something I should totally do. I mean, I don’t want our stuff to be dirty. But I have 8 million things to do, so this one totally falls off the list. Especially because I didn’t know how to do it anyway. I’ve been learning a lot lately about mold. Apparently […]
Charlie (7): “Mom, I would like a snacky.” Me: “Sure. How about some celery and peanut butter?” Charlie: “No, I want a snackeez. Do you know what “a snackeez” is? It’s this thing with a lid and you can carry a drink AND a snack in it at the same time!!!” Me: Realizing he’s been […]
For some moms (ahem, me) summer with kids can produce unusual mothering outcomes. The last two months have been nutty. My husband travels so I’ve been exposed to a few EXTRA helpings of quality time with my beloved children (and not enough cookies) so I am starting to feel the effects. In fact, both kids […]
There is no excerpt because this is a protected post.
Ooooh, do I have a new favorite product. The lady who shampoos my hair at the salon told me about this awesome hair brush, and I’m so glad I bought it. It’s called The Wet Brush. What is The Wet Brush? It looks like a regular hair brush but the bristles are kinda wimpy so […]
There’s a store here in town called Knoxville Soap & Candle. They sell fun and unique things. In fact, I stopped by there today and found something for Mother’s Day for my mother-in-law. I ended up seeing her right after I bought it. That was unplanned, but since I was all excited about it, I […]
- “Mama, I yawned and sauce came out!” (vomit)
– Sydney (3) Maryville, TN
- My husband has my babies all by himself this week. When I was leaving town today, I asked Walker if he thought they would be ok . He said, "Of course, Mama. You left us food and I have a light saber."
-- Walker (5) Tupelo, MS
- "You are really annoying, and it is NOT opposite day."
-- Bryce (6) to Reed (8) Eagain, MN
- "Mom: Do you think you can be good at school the rest of the week – it’s only two more days…
Son: I’m not sure… “I can’t tell the future and I don’t have a working time machine.”
– Ethan (6) Milwaukee, MI
- "No you cannot sit on brother's face. No sitting on faces!" -- Ravyn, Ramallah, Palastine
- “Sweetheart, please don't throw yogurt at kitty.” Like saying this would actually STOP her... - Anissa, Chicago, IL
- "Get your fingers out of your nose and START EATING!" -Me, Knoxville, TN
- “We don’t tie up our friends – even if they’re part of the game.” - Jackie, St. Louis, MO