Oh the Many Joys of Bedtime! I have young kids who need to practice reading. They also need to go to bed at a reasonable time and are somewhat independent in this process. Sometimes, all of this is a chore to make happen. Mostly with Charlie, who is every bit of seven. So, here’s what […]
Chello Friends. Happy Summer! Wanted to let you know I will be at Smart Toys & Books this Saturday signing books. If you are nearby and have a few minutes, please stop by and say hi. Smart Toys & Books 9700 Kingston Pike Knoxville, Tennessee Book Signing: Saturday, August 2nd 11-1 The store owner, Lynda, […]
Cleaning our appliances sounds like something I should totally do. I mean, I don’t want our stuff to be dirty. But I have 8 million things to do, so this one totally falls off the list. Especially because I didn’t know how to do it anyway. I’ve been learning a lot lately about mold. Apparently […]
Charlie (7): “Mom, I would like a snacky.” Me: “Sure. How about some celery and peanut butter?” Charlie: “No, I want a snackeez. Do you know what “a snackeez” is? It’s this thing with a lid and you can carry a drink AND a snack in it at the same time!!!” Me: Realizing he’s been […]
For some moms (ahem, me) summer with kids can produce unusual mothering outcomes. The last two months have been nutty. My husband travels so I’ve been exposed to a few EXTRA helpings of quality time with my beloved children (and not enough cookies) so I am starting to feel the effects. In fact, both kids […]
There is no excerpt because this is a protected post.
Ooooh, do I have a new favorite product. The lady who shampoos my hair at the salon told me about this awesome hair brush, and I’m so glad I bought it. It’s called The Wet Brush. What is The Wet Brush? It looks like a regular hair brush but the bristles are kinda wimpy so […]
There’s a store here in town called Knoxville Soap & Candle. They sell fun and unique things. In fact, I stopped by there today and found something for Mother’s Day for my mother-in-law. I ended up seeing her right after I bought it. That was unplanned, but since I was all excited about it, I […]
When we first moved back to Tennessee, I borrowed my Dad’s camera and took a photography class at UT. The first night we had class, the assistant teacher who was sitting in the back of the room cracked a joke and laughed. I jolted in my seat, I know THAT laugh! It was Mr. Pinckard, […]
A dear friend of mine has a 200-year-old farm on the lake in West Knoxville called RiverView Family Farm. Each year her family hosts a hopp’n Easter Egg Hunt. If you happen to be in the Knoxville area and looking for something fun to do with the kids this weekend, I HIGHLY recommend this event […]
- “Mama, I yawned and sauce came out!” (vomit)
– Sydney (3) Maryville, TN
- My husband has my babies all by himself this week. When I was leaving town today, I asked Walker if he thought they would be ok . He said, "Of course, Mama. You left us food and I have a light saber."
-- Walker (5) Tupelo, MS
- "You are really annoying, and it is NOT opposite day."
-- Bryce (6) to Reed (8) Eagain, MN
- "Mom: Do you think you can be good at school the rest of the week – it’s only two more days…
Son: I’m not sure… “I can’t tell the future and I don’t have a working time machine.”
– Ethan (6) Milwaukee, MI
- "No you cannot sit on brother's face. No sitting on faces!" -- Ravyn, Ramallah, Palastine
- “Sweetheart, please don't throw yogurt at kitty.” Like saying this would actually STOP her... - Anissa, Chicago, IL
- "Get your fingers out of your nose and START EATING!" -Me, Knoxville, TN
- “We don’t tie up our friends – even if they’re part of the game.” - Jackie, St. Louis, MO