Looking for a new holiday recipe? My sister made this and liked it. She thought I might want to share it, so she took a picture of it with some ornaments. (That’s a sister of a blogger for ya!) Thanks, Amy!
Egg Nogg Streusel Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1 container (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons eggnog
- Grease the bottom (only) of a 13 x 9 pan, with shortening.
- Mix all Streusel Topping ingredients until it looks crumbly; Then set aside for later.
- Beat together 1 cup granulated sugar + 1/2 cup butter. Add 1 cup eggnog, the sour cream, rum extract and eggs until well incorporated. Stir in 2 1/2 cups flour, the baking powder, baking soda and salt. Spread the mixture into the pan. Sprinkle Streusel Topping over the top of the batter. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours. (If you don’t have time to let the cake sit overnight, reduce bake time to 30 to 35 minutes and bake immediately.)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Uncover the pan and bake it 35 to 40 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean). Let the cake cool for 20 minutes.
- Next, mix all Eggnog Glaze ingredients in a bowl until smooth and thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle the mixture over coffee cake.
I usually make this sausage egg casserole for Christmas morning. Do you have a favorite holiday recipe?