I can’t believe it’s still cold outside at the end of March. But it is, so I just made soup. Here’s the recipe.
- 3/4 cup chopped celery (I omitted this)
- 3/4 cup finely diced onion
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 2 cubes chicken bouillon
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups chopped, boiled chicken
- 1 cup milk
- ground black pepper to taste
Combine the celery, onion, rice, bouillon, and water and cook for about 20 minutes or until most of the water is absorbed by the rice. Remove from the heat.
To make a cream base – In a skillet, combine butter and flour to create a paste. Add 2 cups milk and stir to make a smooth sauce.
Add cream base to the rice mixture. Then add chicken and 1 cup of milk. Add more milk if the soup seems too thick. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Other Soup Recipes I’ve Made Recently