Consider this easy button craft next time you are looking for an easy and relatively inexpensive project to do with your kiddos!
You will need:
- Buttons ($2.29/pack)
- Tacky Glue ($1)
- Acrylic Paint - two colors for contrast ($0.89 each)
- Wood letters, wood squares ($0.99 for a 2 pack)
- Business card-size magnets with adhesive ($3.99)
- Paint brushes
(I got this stuff at JoAnn’s.)
How To Make this Button Craft
1. Paint the wood letters and squares and set them aside to dry. You can speed up the drying with a hair dryer if your crafters are low on patience.
2. Glue the letter to the center of the square which we painted white.
3. Run a strip of glue along each side of the square and let your munchkin add colored buttons. (If your child is younger, you can also just add glue to one side of the square at a time so it doesn’t dry before they get to it with buttons).
4. Once the buttons are dry (there’s always the hair dryer), gently turn it over and affix the magnetic business cards which can be cut to size.
That’s it! We also glued buttons directly to the letters in single and multiple layers, but I liked the squares a little better. Happy button crafting, folks!