You know how some sales advertisements say “the more you spend the more you save?” Well, when it comes to home energy improvements, your investment doesn’t just pay for itself once – it pays for itself year after year.
And you don’t have to spend a fortune to see a return on your investment.
Here are some simple home improvements you can make for under or around $50 that pay for themselves over time.
- Upgrading to a programmable thermostat can save up to $180 per year.
- Changing air filters can save up to $100 per year by ensuring your home is as clean and efficient as possible.
- Replace incandescent light bulbs with Energy Star CFL light bulbs can save $125 per year.
- Insulate your conventional water heater can save $30 per year.
- Also, I don’t have a payback number for them but caulk ($5.95), weatherstripping ($7.39) and spray foam insulation ($3.98) are other small investments that will help reduce your energy costs.
And the best part is, after you make the investment one time, you get that savings each year afterwards. So, in this instance, paybacks are…AWESOME! And so is a Home Depot gift card giveaway.
To enter, you have to do two things:
#1 – Click the Facebook like button at the top of this blog post.
#2 – Leave a comment on this blog post and tell me what you would do with a $50 gift card to The Home Depot. (It can be anything!)
The contest ends at midnight EST on Monday, November 28th, and I will draw a random number to select the winner. I will contact the winner by email, so when you leave your comment please put an email address in there so I have a way to contact you.