Looking for a fast and easy vegetable beef soup recipe? We got this one from my husband’s aunt Charlotte (who also taught me to make the corn).
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 large onion
- 1 or 2 28 oz cans of crushed tomatoes
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1/2 can pinto beans
- 1/2 can yellow kernel corn niblets
- wedge of cabbage, chopped
- 1/3 cup elbow macaroni
- salt and pepper to taste
- Note: you can add or eliminate any vegetables you like or dislike)
Cook chuck, onion and tomatoes with about 2 cups of water for 30 minutes, then add celery, carrots and cabbage and cook 20 minutes. Add potatoes, beans, corn, macaroni, salt and pepper and cook until the potatoes are done If you need more liquid just add water.
Thanks, Aunt Charlotte!