So, my childhood BFF (Missy) gave me this recipe for tortilla soup that is really really easy and very very tasty.
- 1 pound shredded, cooked chicken
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, mashed
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn (Next time I will use less corn)
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
In slow cooker, add cooked shredded chicken, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, onion, green chiles, and garlic. Next, add water and chicken broth, and season with cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and bay leaf. Stir in corn and cilantro. Put the lid on it and cook it on the lowest setting for 6 – 8 hrs (or if you have less time, high for 3 – 4 hours).
Do you have a favorite tortilla soup recipe? I like this one, too.