1. Buy a flashlight that comes with a stand. I got this Task Force brand flashlight from Lowe’s for around $15.
2. Go online and find an image of a bat signal. I used one I found on google images. Resize the image to fit your flashlight and print it. Cut out the bat signal image on a dark piece of paper. Black would be ideal. I had blue, so that’s what I used.
3. Take the flashlight apart gently so you can get access to the light portion.
4. Tape the batman image you cut out to the underside of the face.
This next part it took me a while to figure out, but it is necessary to make a good signal.
5. You need to cover up the shiny part of the inside of the lightbulb area. Take a piece of paper (I used computer paper) and draw a circle twice the diameter of the of the face of the flashlight. Cut it out. Next, cut a slit into the center so you can make a cone with the paper. Tim away the paper at the tip of the cone so the paper won’t touch the light bulb. If you don’t think you can do this without it touching, get another flashlight or skip this step. Lastly, place the paper cone over the shiney portion of the lightbulb area. When you cover the shiny part that amplifies the light, you get a stronger bat signal.
6. Reassemble your flashlight and give batman a call!