That’s my new mantra. I am going to be skinny by Christmas. Then I am going to go shopping for jeans. I always wanted to look great in jeans. I secretly – oh who am I kidding – overtly despise women who look fabulous in jeans. I, too, would be happy to be so despised.
My efforts to de-flab include two new things in my life. Spin. I love it because it is efficient. I have decided that one spin class is equal to at least two of my lame self-directed work outs. Following this logic, I think I can get away with working out just 3 times a week if I am spinning.
Add to that a few dietary improvements. Okay, I was really bad this holiday weekend, but such is life. I’m back in the saddle and tried something new.
I……made fish. For diner. Tilapia actually. It was a recipe recommended by my friend Melissa and it was fast, super easy and delicious. I made it last night because the pickiest eater on the planet my husband was out-of-town. I told the kids it was chicken. Charlie bought it. Molly–not so much, but she did try it before grabbing the nearest banana.
Here is her recipe which she got from allrecipes.com:
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 pounds tilapia fillets
- Preheat your oven’s broiler. Grease a broiling pan or line pan with aluminum foil.
- In a small bowl, mix together the Parmesan cheese, butter, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Season with dried basil, pepper, onion powder and celery salt. Mix well and set aside.
- Arrange fillets in a single layer on the prepared pan. Broil a few inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the fillets over and broil for a couple more minutes. Remove the fillets from the oven and cover them with the Parmesan cheese mixture on the top side. Broil for 2 more minutes or until the topping is browned and fish flakes easily with a fork. Be careful not to over cook the fish.
Do you have a favorite recipe for Tilapia?