Looking for a great Halloween dish to make this year? Have you ever seen one of those graveyard cakes? My friend Kristen makes this adorable graveyard cake for Halloween each year. I was hunting a picture of it to show you guys and luckily our friend Adam snapped a picture of it. How cute is this?! And it’ super tasty, too.
How to Make A Halloween Graveyard Cake
- 15 OREO chocolate Sandwich cookies , crushed
- 3 cups cold milk
- 2 pkg. (4 serving size) JELL-O chocolate Flavor Instant Pudding & pie filling
- 1 (12 ounce) tub Cool Whip whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3 Peppridge Farm cookies
- Decorating gel/icing
- 5 candy pumpkins
- 10 pieces candy corn
- Pour milk into a large bowl and add the dry pudding mixes. Beat the mixture with a wire whisk for approximately 2 minutes until well blended. Set mixture aside for 5 minutes. Gently stir in 3 cups of the whipped topping and half of the cookie crumbs. Spread it evenly into 9×13-inch baking dish and then sprinkle the remaining cookie crumbs on top (for dirt).
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- While the dessert is in the refrigerator, decorate Peppridge Farm cookies with decorating gel to resemble tombstones. Set those aside until they are ready to use.
- Insert decorated cookies into top of dessert just before serving. Add candy corn. Drop large spoonfuls of the remaining whipped topping onto dessert to resemble ghosts. Cover and store leftover dessert in refrigerator. (Note: I have also seen people leave piles of Oreo on the surface in front of each grave stone cookie to make it look like someone was freshly buried.