I love the things kids say. And we moms come up with a few zingers now and then, too. Here are some recent funnies for your entertainment.
- ”Mommy, I changed my mind on a gift that I want. Can you please text Santa?”
Alston (4) Atlanta, GA
- (Whispered) “Get on my shoulders…and don’t wake mom!”
Overheard by Paloma in Knoxville, TN
- “We do not put tape on the dog. Seriously, do not tape the dog!”
Jackie in Milwaukee, WI
- “Lydia don’t put boogers in your mouth!”
Amy in Murfreesboro, TN
- “No, Love, Mommy doesn’t want you to lick the wall.”
Anissa in Chicago, IL
Quotes from my House
- Charlie (4) came running over to me when I picked him up from preschool and said, “Mom, today we did the letter F!!”
“Cool! Gimme an F-word?” I said. And then I had to stop so I could process that.
- Inquiring about my column, Charlie asked, “Is your comma in the paper today, Mommy?”
- Me: Charlie, we don’t say “no” to Mommy. Let’s try that again. Would you please make your bed?
Charlie: “N. O.” (Actually it sounded like “ennn-uh ohhhh-wah”
- Me: “Charlie, can I please have a kiss? I really need one.”
Charlie: “Hmmm. Let’s see in my mind. It starts with an “N…”
- Molly (7): “My life is full of ketchup.”
(I’m pretty sure if you are seven that is a declaration of joy).
Hope you enjoyed the latest. If you have any funnies, you should totally send them in so I can include them in the list. Have a great day, Friends!