My mom gave me a packet of seeds, so I went to The Home Depot and picked up a couple of clay pots. My daughter and I covered the rims of the pots with some chalk board paint. Then we planted the seeds and labeled them with chalk. It’s a quick, easy, and fun way […]
We are going to visit my sister, and I want to know how to pack. So I consult something I use every day when I get the kids ready. My handy-dandy weather forecaster. I got this a couple of years ago for my birthday. I absolutely love it, and I think every mom would benefit […]
We saw someone making enormous bubbles at a festival this spring. It was mesmerizing. The guy was using something called the Bubble Thing. It’s a plastic wand with a fabric loop that opens and closes to make bubbles. Big ones. To make the soap you combine Dawn or Joy dish soap with warm water and […]
I love summer foods. Fresh corn, summer salads, berries. I got one of those brochures from Kroger with coupons in it and saw this recipe for strawberry sorbet. I just happened to have the few ingredients required, so I tried it. It only took a few minutes to make and it was absolutely delicious and […]
I just love Dolly Parton. Beyond her performing talents, I like that she is a self-made business woman who gives back. In 1996, she created a literacy program called the Imagination Library through which children under age 5 are sent one book per month to encourage reading. What an inspired idea! Here’s how it all began…Dolly […]
Make all the boy moose go Whaaaaaah!
I took my kids to surprise my Mom at work today. When we were there, I spied a pile of boxes and remembered something cool I had seen on a blog I like called Home Making Fun. So, the kids and I used crayons, colored paper and a glue stick to make our own drive in […]
I took my kids to surprise my Mom at work today. When we were there, I spied a pile of boxes and remembered something cool I had seen on a blog I like called Home Making Fun (Jadi, you rock). So, the kids and I used crayons, colored paper and a glue stick to make […]
After I took the kids to see Toy Story 3 yesterday, we had lunch and I got them settled. I spent about 20 minutes checking e-mail. During that time, my son (3) pooped in his pants. Gross. Took him to the bathroom to deal with his business. I put his man-sized turd in the toilet […]
Sometimes it’s great when everyone’s asleep. I recently found myself in this situation with sole possession of the remote control. Thumbing through the On Demand options, I selected Coco (Before) Chanel. I didn’t know anything about the movie, I just thought it I would learn something about a famous business woman. And I did. It’s actually a French […]
- “Mama, I yawned and sauce came out!” (vomit)
– Sydney (3) Maryville, TN
- My husband has my babies all by himself this week. When I was leaving town today, I asked Walker if he thought they would be ok . He said, "Of course, Mama. You left us food and I have a light saber."
-- Walker (5) Tupelo, MS
- "You are really annoying, and it is NOT opposite day."
-- Bryce (6) to Reed (8) Eagain, MN
- "Mom: Do you think you can be good at school the rest of the week – it’s only two more days…
Son: I’m not sure… “I can’t tell the future and I don’t have a working time machine.”
– Ethan (6) Milwaukee, MI
- "No you cannot sit on brother's face. No sitting on faces!" -- Ravyn, Ramallah, Palastine
- “Sweetheart, please don't throw yogurt at kitty.” Like saying this would actually STOP her... - Anissa, Chicago, IL
- "Get your fingers out of your nose and START EATING!" -Me, Knoxville, TN
- “We don’t tie up our friends – even if they’re part of the game.” - Jackie, St. Louis, MO